- When you register with Paper Trails website (Website), you will be required to choose a contact email address and password. You are responsible for all sessions and transactions made using these details. You should keep your password safe and not disclose it to anyone. You should change it immediately if you feel it has been compromised.
- If any of your details change, such as your credit card billing address, you must inform Paper Trails as soon as possible. You may update your details by signing into your account on the Website, and updating your online wallet.
The contract between us:
- Any contract for purchases made through the Website will be with Paper Trails One Person Company (company with commercial registry number 4030442701) whose registered office is situated Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia . Our tax registration numbers are listed in the Value Added Tax (VAT) section below.
- Paper Trails may receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be processed or upon the option of cash on delivery (COD). Payment of the advertised price will be taken at the point of order. Charging your payment method does not mean that an order has been accepted by Paper Trails. Once payment has been processed, Paper Trails will confirm that your order has been received by sending an email to you at the email address you provide. The email will include your name, the order number and the total price charged. Paper Trails acceptance of your order (which will happen when Paper Trails dispatches your order) brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms. Any term sought to be imposed by you in your order will not form part of the contract.
- If the option of COD has been chosen, Paper Trails will confirm that your order has been received by sending an email to you at the email address you provide. The email will include your name, the order number and the total price charged. Paper Trails acceptance of your order (which will happen when Paper Trails dispatches your order) brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms. Any term sought to be imposed by you in your order will not form part of the contract.
- Paper Trails will not process any orders in the case of errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods (including the advertised price of the goods) appearing on our Website. If an error or inaccuracy is discovered with regards to the advertised price of the goods that you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible by email and reserve the right to cancel your order.
- This Website is strictly for personal and non-commercial use. You agree not to use the Website for commercial or business purposes or to place orders which will be, or are being, sold on to a third party. If you are suspected of using the Website in any of these ways then we reserve the right to withdraw from any relevant contract(s) and cancel your order(s).
- You must not use this Website: (i) in a way that causes, or is likely to cause, the Website or any Paper Trails service to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way, or (ii) for fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity. We reserve the right to cancel any order, terminate any Paper Trails account or refuse any Paper Trails service if your behaviour gives us a justified reason to do so. This will in particular be the case if you are in breach of applicable laws, applicable contractual provisions, our guidelines or our policies, which are all accessible on this Website, or if you engage in fraudulent activities or behaviour.
- We do not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18 you may use Paper Trails only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Cancellation & Return Policy:
- If you are an individual and are not buying goods on behalf of a business, you can amend your order without giving any reason within an hour of receiving the confirmation email. You must notify us of your amendment. You can notify us through our online contact form or by completing our online amendment form.
- If a book is completely unavailable, then the customer is provided with either a refund or the possibility of choosing another book that is equal to the value of the books originally wanted for purchase. If the customer chooses not to explore that option, then a refund will be issued.
- Refunds will be offered on non-COD transactions and only for the following reasons:
- Unavailability of the ordered book.
- Damage to the only and last copy of the book.
- Publishing issues.
- Printing issues.
- Paper Trails is not held responsible for shipping damages caused by freight forwarders or shipping companies. However, if an order is severely damaged (torn, damaged books, or any other state that makes the books completely unreadable), and it wasn’t caused by the freight forwarders or shipping companies, then a refund (Returnless Refund) or a new order is placed free of charge with the condition it is either the same order or equal to the value of the order (Limited Refund). This shall only be applicable if the customer informs Paper Trails of the damages within 24 hours of delivery received date through an email with a support of proof of purchase (order number, confirmation, etc), evidence of the damage (pictures or video), and date received to the customer service support.
- There is no return or exchange for books if the customer is dissatisfied with the product experience (reading experience). As stated above an alternative is provided only if there is severe irreversible damage (Returnless Refund and Limited Refund).
Availability of goods you order:
If Paper Trails has insufficient stock to deliver the goods ordered by you, or cannot obtain the stock from our suppliers within 15 days of the order, we will notify you as soon as possible and give you updates on any delay, and the sum debited by Paper Trails from your payment method will be either credited to your account to choose a different book or the fee shall be recharged back onto your account (only in non-COD payments). Paper Trails will notify you by email at the address given by you in your order form with all the details and the options you have. The refund will be made as soon as possible and in any event within 48 hours after the refund choice is taken. Paper Trails will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation or to supply the goods in this situation. Please note: we endeavour to bring our customers the best value we can by running special offers, but please remember stocks are limited at the special offer price, and subject to availability. We update our Website as quickly as we can to minimise disappointment. The process of updating the Website when goods have sold out at promotional price may take a few hours. Please note that the price the goods are offered for are as displayed in your online basket, but that is subject to the rest of these terms.
Delivery of goods to you:
All delivery of Paper Trails products shall be done through Aramex for the goods ordered by you to the person and address you give Paper Trails at the time you make your order. Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted and in any event within an estimated domestic delivery of 2-3 business days (weekdays not including holidays) after it’s been shipped out of our warehouse. All delivery times quoted on the Website are estimates only, based on availability, normal processing and delivery companies. You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when the goods are dispatched to you from our distribution centre. All shipping estimates are provided by the shipping provider, and orders may be delayed, and fees may be susceptible to change in accordance with Aramex’s shipping policies and the user’s location and shipping provider.
Value Added Tax (VAT)
All prices displayed on the Website are inclusive of any applicable local sales tax, VAT and similar taxes which Paper Trails may be required to charge. Your final price may be different depending upon the tax that applies to your delivery location. Where Paper Trails apply a different tax rate based on the destination of the goods, this will be declared in the checkout.
When ordering goods from Paper Trails for delivery to some other overseas destinations, your package may be subject to import duties and taxes that are levied once the package reaches your country. Any additional charges for customs clearance, including applicable import duties and taxes, must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information.
Tax registration number:
*Absolved from tax.
Power of Attorney:
You authorise Paper Trails Ltd to designate a carrier (“Aramex”) to act, as is appropriate depending on the applicable customs procedure, as your direct or indirect representative/agent, before the relevant customs and tax authorities in the destination country, for the purpose of clearing for importing merchandise as well as processing and remitting customs duties and any other tax levied at the time of importation.
This is as follows:
- If the goods Paper Trails delivers are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, Paper Trails shall have no liability to you unless you notify Paper Trails in writing at Paper Trails contact address of the problem within 24 hours of the delivery of goods in question.
- If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which they were dispatched to you, Paper Trails shall have no liability to you unless you notify Paper Trails in writing at Paper Trails contact address of the problem within 40 days of the date on which the goods were dispatched to you.
- If you notify a problem to Paper Trails under this condition, Paper Trails only obligation will be, at its option, to make good any shortage or non-delivery; to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question to the original method of payment.
- Paper Trails will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem you notify to Paper Trails under this condition and Paper Trails shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question under paragraph (3) above.
- Nothing in this condition is, however, intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit T Paper Trails liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
Nothing in this contract creates any right which is enforceable by any person who is not a party to the contract.
Paper Trails shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
If any part of these conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which Paper Trails excludes its liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
Paper Trails operates a complaint handling procedure which is used to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. If you have a complaint, please contact the Customer Service at the following email address: [email protected].
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabian law. We both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Saudi courts, which means that you may bring a claim to enforce your consumer protection rights in connection with these Terms and Conditions in Saudi Arabia. If you would like to bring a matter to our attention, please email us at [email protected].
These terms and conditions, together with the current Website prices, delivery details and Paper Trails contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the goods to you by Paper Trails. In particular nothing said by any sales person on behalf of Paper Trails should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods offered for sale by Paper Trails. Paper Trails shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading, save that nothing in these conditions limits or excludes our responsibility for fraudulent representations made by us. Furthermore, Paper Trails has no liability if any of the goods arrive with a change in the pictures as opposed to the ones displayed on the website which are, but not limited to, cover page, colour, saturation, and state of the good.
The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays. Paper Trails shall not be responsible for any detrimental reliance you place on this Website or its contents.
Paper Trails is providing this Website and its contents (including any downloadable data or software) on an 'as is' basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this Website or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. In addition, Paper Trails makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose of the information and related graphics published in this Website or that any software or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. The information contained in this Website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of Paper Trails howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Neither Paper Trails nor any of its Directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this Website in any way. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
All design, text, graphics and the selection or arrangement thereof are the copyright of Paper Trails, or of other copyright owners. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print in hard copy portions of this Website for the sole purpose of placing an order with Paper Trails, or using this Website as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this Website (including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and modification, distribution, or republication) without the prior written permission of Paper Trails is strictly prohibited.
Paper Trails and its logo are registered trademarks belonging to Company Masar Waraq Commercial (Paper Trails LLC). All other trademarks, product names and company names, symbols or logos used in this Website are the property of their respective owners. No permission is given by Paper Trails in respect of the use of its or any such other trademarks, product names, titles or logos and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder's rights.
In these terms and conditions:-
‘Paper Trails’ means Paper Trails LLC, Umayr Bin Abi Waqqas 6382, AlMurjan Dist, 3298, Postal code 23712, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, any connected organisation that actually supplies goods ordered by you and any successor to its business; 'working day' means every day of a calendar year apart from weekends and statutory and public holidays; 'us' means Paper Trails and you together; and 'you' and 'your' means the person ordering goods under these terms and conditions.
The terms and conditions was last updated on 29 August 2022.
Paper Trails commends itself for promoting a holistic ecosystem for book lovers. That being said, in order to protect this ecosystem from malicious characters we have determined a set of guidelines to adhere to and we encourage our members to inform Paper Trails of any malpractice and damaging behavior. Thus, all users must adhere to the following and any misconduct to it shall result in consequences:
- Mindful and polite: Paper Trails is a civil online community and we expect a level of decorum and respect from members.
- Empathetic: Paper Trails encourages its readers to be open-minded when it comes to interacting within the ecosystem; we are a wide diverse community that share different experiences, opinions, and thoughts.
Bullying and Harassment:
Paper Trails does not tolerate any bullying, abusive behavior, offensive language that shames and harms its members. Any abusive behavior consists of intention to humiliate, harm, target maliciously, and/or intimidate an individual will not be tolerated. Harassment is generally defined as unwelcome conduct, based upon an individual’s protected characteristic, that denigrates or shows hostility or aversion toward the individual because of the characteristic. Thus, harassing conduct includes but is not limited to epithets; slurs or negative stereotyping; threatening, intimidating, or hostile acts; denigrating jokes that denigrates or shows hostility or aversion toward an individual or group based on their protected characteristic. Sexual harassment is defined as unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other conduct of a sexual nature. Cyber bullying is the use of electronic communication to bully an individual, typically by sending messages of an intimidating or threatening nature.
Threats of hacking, doxxing, and blackmail:
Hacking and blackmail is the gaining of unauthorized access to data in a system or computer and using that data to cause harm, harassment, and emotional distress to the individual. Doxxing is searching and publishing private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the internet with a malicious intent.
Damaging behavior includes content and written speech (often in the form of hate speech). These violations include attacks and slurs based on an individual’s sex, religion, ethnicity, race, national origin, serious disease, disability.
Paper Trails does not allow individuals to use our platform to threaten or incite violence, or to promote violent extremist organizations, individuals, or acts. When there is a threat to public safety or an account is used to promote or glorify off-platform violence, we ban the account. This includes inciting violence by encouraging, advocating,and directing people to commit violence.
Paper Trails does not allow any individual to pose as another entity or individual in a misleading way such as using the person’s biographical information and pictures. An account parodying as a fan/fandom based, comical, commentary based that is clearly parody is permitted.
Paper Trails takes reports of such allegations seriously and will conduct an investigation to determine the right course of action that may include:
- Restriction of the user’s privileges
- Stripping the account of the user and effectively blocking them permanently.
- Banning the account.
- Reporting to the competent authority if necessary.
Thank you for being active members of our wonderful and vibrant community of book lovers, if you feel that any of these guidelines have been violated please contact us, and we’ll take the appropriate action.